It’s easy to say that the Red Hot Chili Peppers didn’t disappoint one fan last night at the Veterans Memorial Arena. The alternative rock giants had the crowd going nuts over hits like “Californication,” “Give It Away,” and “Scar Tissue,” but probably got the biggest response from “Suck My Kiss”.
Things I took away from the show:
1. The band is decades old and are still an amazing live band.
2. Chad Smith (drummer for the RHCP) is one of the most underrated drummers.
3. Flea still makes you laugh and can do a great walking handstand.
4. Anthony Kiedis dances a lot and still enjoys taking his shirt off.
5. The light show was fantastic. Lights attached to the ceiling by cables would go up and then descend on the crowd.
6. I would see them again in a heartbeat.
Honorable mention goes to one of the opening bands, Babymetal, a Japanese metal idol band (that’s according to Wikipedia). Three young teenage girls singing and doing a cheerleader type dance while their band plays loud metal music behind them. It’s well worth it to Google this band.
The Arena is going to have some stiff competition for hosting the big acts that come to town. The concert line-up at the new Daily’s Place Amphitheatre is incredible. Deftones, Young the Giant, and Kings of Leon are topping my list.